The Nashville area is a top tourist destination for music lovers, history buffs, and foodies, welcoming families and solo travelers from around the world. While there’s no shortage of attractions and activities to explore year-round, Memorial Day weekend is an especially busy time in Middle Tennessee. As the unofficial start of summer, this long weekend offers special events and celebrations throughout the region.
Here are some of our favorite neighborhoods to explore if you’re thinking of visiting or moving to Tennessee this summer.
East Nashville is an eclectic part of town known for attracting independent businesses with a creative streak. Located a stone’s throw across the Cumberland River from downtown Nashville, this close-knit community is an artsy enclave that’s convenient to all of Nashville’s glitz and excitement, but still separate enough to feel like an escape. This Memorial Day weekend, many local businesses are hosting special events.
- East Nash Grass: A night of bluegrass and down-home country at the famous Dee’s Country Cocktail Lounge.
- Music City Food Truck Park & Flea Market: The beloved Marketplace in East Nashville is back again! Browse goods from local artisans, listen to some live music, and enjoy a meal from one of the city’s premier food trucks. This event has free parking and admission.
- Nashville Helping Nashville Vol. 2: On Saturday, May 28, you can attend an all-star Neil Young tribute performance from some of Nashville’s favorite local artists. This rain-or-shine, family-friendly event is free for kids under 10. All proceeds go to the preservation of independent music venues.
For people who love the east side’s trendy, independent vibe and want to make a home in this neighborhood, Legacy South offers The Eason – flexible townhomes that allow you to embrace all the local color and flavor East Nashville has to offer. Live within easy walking distance of locally owned shops, bars, and restaurants, while being only 10 minutes from the heart of downtown’s bustling business and entertainment district.
La Vergne is a thriving Middle Tennessee suburb located in Rutherford County – approximately 20 miles away from Nashville. This community boasts an extensive park and greenway system, easy access to nearby lakes, and abundant golf courses. Residents also enjoy excellent health care, high-quality public schools, and year-round festivals and events. Here are a few ideas for Memorial Day fun in La Vergne.
- Visit Veterans Memorial Park: Memorial Day is an excellent opportunity to reflect on our country’s history and enjoy the sunshine.
- Play at the Outdoor Adventure Center: Kids love the Smyrna Outdoor Adventure Center! Parents call it “a fun, welcoming, diverse area for kids of all ages.” If you’re looking for an exciting activity for Memorial Day weekend, look no further. This is the place to swim, play, and climb; best of all, it’s just down the road from La Vergne and Nashville.
If you and your family want to move to La Vergne and experience everything this area has to offer, we invite you to learn more about Hamlet at Carothers Crossing, a community in which Legacy South contributes several Artisan Collection homes with unique exterior designs and floor plans to support and complement your growing family.
Tims Ford Lake
What better way to spend a long, relaxing Memorial Day weekend than at a tranquil lake? On spring-fed Tims Ford Lake, you and your family can enjoy fishing, swimming, watersports, hiking, and any other activity you can think of – all set against the breathtaking backdrop of the southern Cumberland Plateau mountains.
Fanning Bend is Legacy South’s exclusive lakefront community nestled near the peaceful small town of Winchester, TN. Every home features a private boat slip with year-round lake access. When you own a lakefront house built by Legacy South, you’ll enjoy high-quality craftsmanship, contemporary floor plans, and a connection to nature through the surrounding Tims Ford State Park and Reservoir. Whether you choose to invest in your property as a summer home or year-round retreat, you’ll always be glad you decided to partner with our expert team.
Discover Living in Tennessee
At Legacy South, we develop contemporary designs that blend elegance with long-lasting functionality. We believe new homes should seamlessly connect with existing neighborhoods for a timeless look.
If you visit Tennessee this Memorial Day weekend and fall in love with our state’s natural beauty, Southern hospitality, low cost of living, and high quality of life, contact us to learn more about building your dream home in one of our thoughtfully designed communities.